Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto insurance can help cover the costs if you are in an accident or your vehicle is damaged. Shopping around for coverage is essential to find the best combination of value and price. Contact Morehead Agency in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, to start comparing auto insurance quotes.
Understanding How Auto Insurance Works
When you purchase auto insurance, you agree to pay a premium. In return, the insurance company agrees to cover certain costs up to the amount specified in the policy. Auto insurance can cover various types of losses, including damage to your car, medical expenses and your legal responsibility for third-party damages.
Missouri Auto Insurance Requirements
Missouri drivers must maintain minimum amounts of specific auto insurance coverage, including the following:
- Bodily injury liability insurance may help cover third-party accident-related injury claims up to the policy’s dollar limit.
- Property damage liability insurance may help cover third-party accident-related property damage claims up to the policy’s dollar limit.
- Uninsured motorist coverage may help cover accident-related injuries for you and your passengers up to the policy’s dollar limit if the at-fault driver is uninsured.
Your agent may recommend that you customize your coverage to include the following optional policies:
- Collision insurance may help pay to replace or repair the insured vehicle if you hit another car or object.
- Comprehensive insurance may help pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it’s damaged in a noncollision-related incident such as a fire or storm.
- Medical payments (MedPay) may help pay accident-related medical costs for you and your passengers up to the policy’s dollar limits, regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) may help pay accident-related losses including and in addition to medical costs for you and your passengers, up to the policy’s dollar limits regardless of who was at fault.
- Guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance may help pay off your vehicle if your insurer deems it a total loss after a covered accident.
Navigating the Auto Insurance Claims Process
Contact your insurance company to initiate a claim if you’re involved in an accident. The claims process will vary depending on whether you’re filing a liability or property damage claim. You’ll need to provide details about the accident and the resulting damage for property damage or loss claims.
Your insurance company may send an adjuster to assess the damage or request an estimate from a repair shop. If you have a deductible, you’ll be responsible for paying that amount before your insurance covers the remaining damages.
Liability claims are handled differently, so it’s best to consult your insurance agent for specific guidance.
For personalized car insurance quotes and price information, contact Moorhead Agency today.