Coverage for Your Business in Lee's Summit MO & Blue Springs MO
If you’re in Missouri, or the surrounding area and need insurance for your business, give us a call. The team at Morehead Agency is here to help you navigate your business insurance needs and find insurance solutions that make sense for you.
What Is Business Insurance?
Commercial business insurance is simply insurance coverage designed to cover a business, including its employees and ownership. Because every business is different, there are many kinds of commercial insurance.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
Every business’s insurance needs vary and could be influenced by company size, location, number of employees and industry. There are a few common policies that businesses may carry, including:
- General liability insurance. A policy can provide coverage for claims of bodily injury or other physical injuries, personal injury (libel or slander), advertising injury and property damage. It can be offered as a package policy with other coverages such as property, crime, automobile and more.
- Business property insurance. Also called commercial property insurance, this coverage helps pay for damages to your company’s equipment and property after a covered accident or incident.
- Business interruption insurance. If your business is forced to shut down or cease operations due to a covered peril, this coverage can help replace lost income and pay for extra expenses incurred during the shutdown.
- Workers’ compensation insurance. This coverage can help employees who become injured or ill due to a work-related incident receive replacement income, medical benefits and other financial assistance if they cannot work. Most states require that employers carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- Commercial auto insurance. If your company has vehicles, you will likely need to secure a commercial auto insurance policy to properly insure any fleet members or employees who are drivers for your organization.
- Professional liability insurance. This policy provides coverage if anyone claims negligence, misrepresentation, or inaccurate advice against your business.
Keep in mind that additional coverage options are available for unique business needs. Depending on your business and industry, you may need to purchase other insurance policies for proper coverage.
What Does Business Insurance Cost and How Do I Get It?
Business insurance costs will vary based on numerous factors, including the type of policy you’re buying, its limits and applicable deductibles. Your business’s size, location and industry will also affect the overall cost of your insurance. Reach out to Morehead Agency to get started with a quote today.